Friday, August 10, 2012

Welcome to a new year

Well, it's that time of year again... time to start back to school.  My room is set up and "cleanish" (more organizing will surely come later).  I know basically what I'm doing for my first day of classes (our first day of school is only a half day) and just have to get the specifics down.  I'm ready to go!  Check out my room set up this year:

My MC Escher display that I kept from last year and one of the tables for workshop.

Front of the room with my "Do mor math" cow and "Playlist"

Close-up of the math cow and smart board

Close-up of the Playlist and my Make Up Work board (which went crazy on pinterest last spring).

I also reused three of my bulletin boards from last year.

My computer center and reference wall.

I covered the fronts of my filing cabinet drawers with contact paper I found at Dollar General. 

For the first time, I have a dedicated teacher area.
Well, hopefully all will go well!  Good luck to all who are starting back to school!

6 comments:

  1. Your classroom is looking great! Your filing cabinets look amazing, and I love your bulletin boards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had to get rid of that ugly green on my filing cabinet.

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog and hoping I can glean some inspiration. Going into my first year of teaching, 5th grade mathematics.

    misswilliamsinmo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! Tessellations are among my favorite math projects, so I can appreciate your MC Escher board!!

    Janaye
    Tales of Frogs and Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all---Chick Fil A controversy or not, I love the math cow. :)

    Seccond--the Reference Wall is a stroke of genius!! All the charts can go there and be accessible without cluttering up every single surface in the room (a pet peeve of mine....too stimulating).

    Thanks for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog, Thanks for sharing this information.

    Visit Best Astrologer in Jayanagar.

    ReplyDelete